GameMaker Studio 2 developers, we have a Haxe wrapper for mod.io's REST API, that currently supports GML/sys.threaded/js to make implementation easier. You can track our progress and submit pull requests at our Github linked below.
The attached file has small demos of getting user subscriptions/uploading mods/downloading mods.
You are welcome to play around and use our GameMaker Studio 2 Extension, however please note that the official, documented release will be completed in a few months. Feedback is very welcome, and we are here to help get mods up and running in your game. Follow the steps below to get started with mod.io:
- Add your game to our test environment or production
- Read our API documentation for an overview of how mod.io works
- Use our GameMaker Studio 2 plugin (and demo) to integrate mod.io into your game and mod making tools
- Ready to launch? Add your game to our production environment then let's discuss promoting your release
- Need help? Our team is available on Discord to assist and our getting started guide has more information for you
Our aim with mod.io, is to provide an open modding API. You are welcome to view, fork and contribute to our other codebases in use: