Welcome to mod.io Unity Plugin, a platform for developers to add mod support to their games. It connects to the mod.io API and controls the browsing, downloading and installation of mod files in game.
If you are a game developer, first step is to add mod support to your Unity game. Once mod support is up and running, follow the steps below to get started with mod.io:
- Add your game to our test environment or production
- Read our API documentation for an overview of how mod.io works
- Use our Unity Plugin, API or SDK to integrate mod.io into your game and mod making tools
- Ready to launch? Add your game to our production environment then let's discuss promoting your release
- Need help? Our team is available on Discord to assist and our getting started guide has more information for you
Our Unity Plugin is public and open source hosted on GitHub. Game developers are welcome to utilize it directly, to add support for mods in their games, or fork it for their games customized use. Want to make changes to our plugin? Submit a pull request with your recommended changes to be reviewed.
Our aim with mod.io, is to provide an open modding API. You are welcome to view, fork and contribute to our other codebases in use: